Landolina palce in Noto
Landolina Sant'Alfano Palace in Noto is in neoclassical style and stands out for its elegant sobriety. Sia overlooks the square of the same name next to the Cathedral.
It was built in 1730, on a project by Vincenzo Sinatra, at the behest of Francesco Landolina, of the ancient family of Norman origin, who arrived in Noto in 1091 following King Roger. The palace, between 1838 and 1844, hosted three times King Ferdinand II of Bourbon and Queen Maria Theresa of Austria.
The facade is divided into three horizontal orders supported by quadrangular pillars crowned by valuable Corinthian capitals. The windows and balconies are surmounted by elegant rectangular architraves.
In the internal courtyard, which once housed the stables and warehouses below, there is a triumphal staircase embellished with marble statues. The main hall of the building is characterized by gilded walls and eighteenth-century and nineteenth-century paintings.