Mother Church in Ravanusa
The Mother Church of Ravanusa, dedicated to San Giacomo, is the main building of worship in the town.
It was built in 1622 at the behest of the Duke of Montalbano Giacomo Bonanno. The building has undergone numerous alterations over the centuries.
The façade, in Baroque style, is divided into two orders. On the first level, two pairs of imposing pilasters flank the large and single portal. On the second order a large central window is flanked by two bell towers.
The interior, richly decorated with stucco, preserves works of particular artistic value: the statue of the Madonna della Misericordia attributed to Biancardi; the canvases of the conversion of Saint Paul and Jesus driving away the sellers from the temple; the seventeenth-century baptismal font.