Mother Church of Alcara Li Fusi
The Mother Church of Alcara Li Fusi, dedicated to Maria Santissima Assunta, is the main building of the village. numerous who have shaped and diversified it, giving it its current appearance.
The salient façade, a succession of slopes placed at different heights, frames a superb portal in limestone dating back to 1632 in the Renaissance.
The church has a mighty crenellated bell tower with a towering spire, dome and three rear apses. According to tradition, the bell was donated by Count Roger.
The interior, a Latin cross, with three naves with two side chapels, is adorned with frescoes and valuable works of art.
Of considerable value is the Chapel of the Patron Saint San Nicolò Politi, finely decorated in stucco, dominated by the canvas by Filippo Tancredi depicting the discovery of the saint's body. Inside the chapel, the remains of the saint and the sixteenth-century statue dedicated to him are preserved in a very valuable silver urn, the work of Paolo Guarna.
Among the works of art kept there we point out some paintings, the processional fercolo of the patron saint and the ancient organ of the seventeenth century.